GEORGE MURRAY SMITH (19 March 1824 – 6 April 1901) was a British
publisher. He was the son of George Smith (1789–1846) who with
Alexander Elder (1789–1846) started the Victorian publishing firm of
Smith, Elder online edn, May 2006 which cites as printed book
* L. Huxley The house of Smith Elder (1923)
* J. W. Robertson Scott The story of the
Pall Mall Gazette Oxford
University Press (1950)
* J. Glynn Prince of publishers: a biography of George Smith, Alison
Sidney Lee (1901). "Memoir of George Smith". In
Sidney Lee .
Dictionary of National Biography
Dictionary of National Biography , 1901 supplement.
London : Smith,
Elder & Co .
* ^ John Sutherland . "The Cornhill Magazine" in The
Stanford/Longman Companion to Victorian Fiction. 1989
* ^ Bill Bell, ‘Smith, George Murray (1824–1901)’, Oxford
Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, 2004;
online edn, May 2011 accessed 22 June 2015
Notes & Queries , vol. 133 (1916), p. 318 (snippet)
* ^ "George Murray Smith".
Oxford University Press
Oxford University Press . Retrieved 5